EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE ROAD CLOSURE
As you may have noticed, there’s a lot of road improvements being made in the city centre. With that in mind we thought we'd keep you in the loop!
Paradise Circus will close in both directions from Monday 3 September 2018 and remain closed until summer 2019 – and Five Ways underpass will be closed from Monday 3 June until 2021, meaning disruption and diversions around the city. We strongly recommend you check out all the information within this blog before planning your journey to our venue!
We know a lot of you choose to drive to our arena, which is cool, but we want you to be aware of the Birmingham City Centre road closures and how this may add some time onto your journey.
So, here's the lowdown...
Paradise Circus works
- In order to facilitate the Westside Metro extension, Paradise Circus will close in both directions from Monday 3 September 2018 and remain closed until summer 2019.
- The A38 Queensway underpass, which runs beneath Paradise Circus, will remain open in both directions for the duration of the works to allow access to and from the Aston Expressway and M6.
- Traffic Marshals will be in place 24/7 to assist drivers wishing to access Holliday Street from Suffolk Street Queensway.
- During this next phase of construction, Centenary Square will also be closed to vehicles.
- Bus services using this route will be diverted via Sheepcote Street and Bath Row
Five Ways underpass closure
- Five Ways underpass will close to all traffic from Monday 3 June 2019 to allow for construction of the next phase of the Birmingham Westside Metro extension. The underpass will remain closed until 2021.
- During construction, Five Ways roundabout, which runs above the underpass, will remain open in all directions to provide access in and out of Birmingham city centre.
- Pedestrian and cyclist access through Five Ways subway will be open as usual.
- During the closure, bus services 9, 12, 12A, 13, 13A, 13B, 126, X8 and X10 which currently use the Five Ways underpass will be diverted via Five Ways roundabout.
So, with that being said, here's what we're recommending you do...
- Plan ahead
- Allow more time for journeys
- Travel to the venue as early as possible
- Also, please consider using public transport such as buses and trains for a smoother journey to our venue!
How can you keep up to date with latest info?
- There's an updated list of Paradise Circus FAQs here which will answer all your queries
- You can find a diversion map here which will help you if you are driving
- Find out more about the Five Ways closure here
- You can follow Midland Metro Alliance on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news!
We just want to make sure you guys don't have a stressy journey to the venue and you get here on time - see you soon!